Need help importing files from your iPhone to the new Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge smartphone? If so, then this post is for you.
This content is aimed at helping those who just made a switch from an iPhone to the new Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge and need help on how to transfer contents or important files from iOS to Android handsets.
Samsung has designed a file transfer program called Smart Switch Mobile, which comes in two versions -- for iOS and Android devices. File transfers from an iPhone to the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge are made possible using the iCloud version of the program.
Here are the steps on how to quickly transfer important files including contacts and calendar, memos, photos, app list, documents, call logs, as well as Wi-Fi settings from an iPhone to the new Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge using the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile iCloud version.
1. Go to the Home screen on your Galaxy S7/S7.
2. Swipe down the Status bar.
3. Tap the Settings icon from the Notification panel. This is a wheel-like image located on the upper-right corner before the drop-down arrow.
4. From the Settings screen, scroll to and tap to select Backup and reset.
5. Continue by tapping on Open Smart Switch.
6. From the Smart Switch Mobile Welcome screen, read the information and then tap START to proceed.
7. You will be prompted with the Samsung Smart Switch End User License Agreement screen. Read and review the information, if necessary and then tap AGREE.
8. Tap iOS device among the given options under Select your old device.
9. Tap START to continue.
- If you preferred to use a wired connection for the file transfer, use the data cable for your previous device (iPhone) and the microUSB adapter that came with your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge.
- Connect the cable from your iPhone to the microUSB adapter of your S7/S7 Edge, and then plug the adapter into the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
- Wait for the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile to complete scanning your iPhone, and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the file transfer process, as follow.
11. If the iCloud account is associated with multiple devices, tap the preferred Apple device you want to import data from. You should see a list of all the devices tied to your iCloud account.
12. Tap the checkbox next to each file you want to import or transfer, and then tap IMPORT.
13. Wait for all the selected contents to be transferred from your iPhone to your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge.
14. When the file transfer is complete, tap to set the preferred option, and then tap Close App.
Your iPhone contents are now transferred to the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge and are ready for use.