Are you having trouble using the Samsung Keyboard or Swype on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha or any other Samsung Galaxy smartphone? This content might be able to help. Read on to learn what you can do should you encounter any problem using the Samsung Keyboard or Swype app on your phone.
Among the possible reasons as to why the Samsung Keyboard or Swype don't work as it should on your device would include (but not limited to) the following:
- The keyboard is not configured correctly or not set as default.
- Third-party app is causing conflict.
- The phone has physical or liquid damage.
- App Software requires update.
- Handwriting function is disabled on Samsung Keyboard.
As what I usually recommend in my prior posts, the best possible approach in dealing with a device issue is by looking into the possible cause. Try to isolate the problem and determine the underlying cause. So here's what you can do:
1. Ensure there is no physical or liquid damage on the device.
The keyboard may not work properly if a certain component or the phone itself is damaged.
2. Check for app update.
Keeping the software updated is recommended to keep the app optimized. To check for an app update for your keyboard, follow these steps:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Press the Menu button.
- Tap Settings.
- Select My Device.
- Tap Language and input.
- Tap the Settings icon (wheel-shaped image) next to Samsung Keyboard or Swype.
- Tap Updates.
3. Boot into Safe Mode and diagnose.
To eliminate the possibility of a third-party app causing you this trouble, you can try to boot your device into Safe Mode and see if the problem is gone or not. If it's gone, then try to uninstall or temporarily disable any suspected apps or the ones you recently installed.If the problem persists, proceed to the next method.
4. Define which keyboard is set to be the default input method on your device.
Here's how to check:
- Press the Menu button from the Home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap My Device.
- Select Language and Input.
- Tap Default.
- If not, then select the input method you desire.
- Restart your phone.
After the restart, test to see if the Samsung keyboard or Swype app is already working fine on your device.